Open 7 Days a Week from 10am – 4pm
Panels, Bundles & Kits,
Patterns & Books
The Cosy Cabin
Welcome to The Cosy Cabin.
We are a Fabric & Quilting Shop located just outside of Bury St Edmunds in a Village called Risby, with easy access off the A14.
If you come and visit us, you will see we have Free Parking and Access to the Shop and Workshop is all on one level. We also have 2 designated Disabled Parking Spaces right beside the gate into the Cabin, for ease of access.
We have a large selection of fabrics, notions, threads and waddings and hold over 1100 bolts of fabric. Our fabrics ranges/makes/designs include:-
Liberty, Laundry Basket Quilts, Makower, Michael Miller, Riley Blake, Stonehenge, Jason Yenter, William Morris, Lynette Anderson, a large selection of Batiks, Kaffe Fassett, Robert Kaufmann and many more. We hold a good selection of blender fabrics by Makower called Linen Texture which we find are very popular and a selection of 108” extra wide backing fabrics too.
We have a vast selection of Cotton thread by Mettler, YLI and Gutermann and also are the local stockist for Glide threads, which are ideal for Quilting, Machine Embroidery and Ruler Quilting. We have a stand with 110 colours in the Glide thread, which are Polyester, trilobal, lint free and colourfast.
When visiting us, please note that we are operating the following procedures:
- No more than 10 people in the shop at any one time.
- We request no children or partners whilst you are shopping. Only one person please in an attempt to reduce the risk of spreading the Covid19 virus.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided when entering the shop.
- Please observe the 2 metre socially distancing rule with other customers and staff.
- If you or anyone in your household shows signs of Covid-19 – please do not come to the shop. You can either purchase here online or give us a call and we will post items to you.
- Card payment is preferred but we will still accept cash as normal.
- Please bring your own shopping bags with you.
Due to the alterations we have had to make at the cabin, we now only have one workshop area. At present we are unable to offer Public Sit & Sew Sessions for the foreseeable future.
If you are looking to do a Workshop, please have a look at the Workshop Page. To enrol on a workshop please either pop into the cabin or call us on 01284 811222 so we can complete an enrolment form and take a card payment. All workshops are limited to 6 students, and you will be required to wear a face mask or face shield whilst on the workshop, in line with Government Guidelines.
Our Opening Hours are 7 days a week from 10am – 4pm.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Rudi and The Cosy Cabin Team